People with reduced mobility
A disabled parking badge is a parking permit for people with reduced mobility.
What are the benefits?
With a disabled parking badge you may park
- In designated spaces for people with reduced mobility
- In public parking spaces, without payment and beyond the specified time limit
To apply for a disabled parking badge, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to present a medical certificate documenting that you are unable to walk, or have great difficulty moving over long distances
- You must be able to document that you need to park by your residence, work or near regular activities, such as doctor’s visits.
How to apply for a disabled parking badge:
- Your application must include the following:
- A passport photo with your name on the back
- A copy of your driving licence
- . A copy of your driving permit from your doctor, for applicants above 75
- Submit your application:
What happens now?
As soon as we receive your application, you will receive a confirmation that your application has been received. The processing time may vary.
If your application is unsuccessful, you may appeal the decision. The appeal process will be explained in the letter of rejection.
Issuing disabled parking badges
Decisions concerning the issuing of disabled parking badges are made by Stavanger municipality, represented by Stavanger Parkeringsselskap KF. One condition for being issued with such a badge is that you are registered in the National Population Register in Stavanger municipality. Permits will be issued following a strict and discretionary assessment where the aim is to allocate spaces to those most in need of them. Permits will primarily be allocated to those who, in addition to reduced mobility, have difficulties finding a parking space near their home or work and/or who need to visit the hospital or other places frequently for medical treatment.
Parking permit preconditions
As an applicant, you need to document that you cannot walk, or have difficulty moving, a certain distance. A medical certificate provides the medical basis for assessing your health conditions.
In addition, you must be able to document that you have a special need to park by your home and/or work, or in connection with other regular, frequent and necessary activities, such as doctor’s visits or other forms of treatment.
|In spaces reserved for the mobility-impaired, indicated by a public sign.|
In pay and display spaces – without payment and beyond the maximum parking time.
|Overview of disabled parking spaces
Download pdf file
|Click here for a map of disabled parking spaces|
The disabled parking badge is valid in the following places:
- In spaces reserved for people with reduced mobility, indicated by a public sign.
- In public pay and display places – without payment.
- In residents’ parking zones.
The badge is only valid for the person to whom it has been registered and must always be clearly visible in the windscreen.